Your voice: release it!
I went to SOUL this evening. For those not in the know, Soul is the new avatar of the Jazz Garden.
No great shakes. The Tandoori Chicken was as cardboard-like as most Tandoori Chicken is. The waiters still don't speak English. The ambience is way below what Jazz Garden had.
Funny thing is, I think Soul is doing much better than the Jazz Garden did.
But not even that is the point of my post.
My point is, I sang two songs at Soul. The first was a very conventional, Shakin' Stevens' "You Drive Me Crazy".
The second was a Freddy Fender - Louis Armstrong - Deepak Morris rendition of "Bessame Mucho".
The rendition was so much fun, it's hard to explain.
When you release your voice, it does things you never expect.
Deepak
No great shakes. The Tandoori Chicken was as cardboard-like as most Tandoori Chicken is. The waiters still don't speak English. The ambience is way below what Jazz Garden had.
Funny thing is, I think Soul is doing much better than the Jazz Garden did.
But not even that is the point of my post.
My point is, I sang two songs at Soul. The first was a very conventional, Shakin' Stevens' "You Drive Me Crazy".
The second was a Freddy Fender - Louis Armstrong - Deepak Morris rendition of "Bessame Mucho".
The rendition was so much fun, it's hard to explain.
When you release your voice, it does things you never expect.
Deepak
3 Comments:
Well, you've taught me something, Deepak. I would have never thought you had karaoke over in India, let alone having it playing English speaking songs. Will wonders never cease? And I like your post; we all have a voice of some kind, and every once in awhile, you just have to let it go!
Deepak,
I've missed you! I just noticed your picture on ezinearticles and decided to say HI via your blog!
Nice spot!!! I enjoyed reading this.
Jan
Hi Deepak,
Just updating my blogs after an almost 2 yr hiatus and came across your comment on my "holiday lonelies" post on my blog so I decided to pop on by to see how you are doing and wish you a happy New Year!
Peace,
Dee (a/k/a Abbyliqua)
Post a Comment
<< Home