Acting
What can I say?
As far back as I can remember, acting has been the one thing I enjoy the most, the one thing that has made any job enjoyable.
It's an egotistical thing, sure.
But think how gratifying it can be when you're chosen to demonstrate what acting should be. That happened in Dubai, when the director wasn't quite satisfied with the way the play was shaping up (it was "The Visit") and I was selected to demonstrate, along with a few others, how the opening scene should go.
Without wishing to open the "racism" Pandora's box, I must state that I never expected to be selected. The director was a virtual stalwart in theatre. He was British, the play was German, most of the actors were White and I was a 30 year old Indian (who looked 16) attempting to portray a 50 year old German. That role was subsequently upgraded to one of a 60 year old German.
I won the "Best Male Newcomer" award for that role, but the highlight of the whole experience was the director choosing me to be one of those who demonstrated what acting should be.
What can be greater than that?
Deepak
As far back as I can remember, acting has been the one thing I enjoy the most, the one thing that has made any job enjoyable.
It's an egotistical thing, sure.
But think how gratifying it can be when you're chosen to demonstrate what acting should be. That happened in Dubai, when the director wasn't quite satisfied with the way the play was shaping up (it was "The Visit") and I was selected to demonstrate, along with a few others, how the opening scene should go.
Without wishing to open the "racism" Pandora's box, I must state that I never expected to be selected. The director was a virtual stalwart in theatre. He was British, the play was German, most of the actors were White and I was a 30 year old Indian (who looked 16) attempting to portray a 50 year old German. That role was subsequently upgraded to one of a 60 year old German.
I won the "Best Male Newcomer" award for that role, but the highlight of the whole experience was the director choosing me to be one of those who demonstrated what acting should be.
What can be greater than that?
Deepak
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home