Reviving an Oldie but Goldie
I wrote this article on Public Speaking over ten years ago and I'm surprised at how little has changed in the requirements to be a good public speaker since then.
Sure, technology has become cheaper, software more plentiful and user-friendly, but the basics of Voice, Expression, Confidence, Content and Style remain unchanged.
I guess at heart, we are still gathered around the community campfire, listening to experts weave tales of magic using those elements. It's comforting to know, in this world of rapid and unpredictable change, that there are some things we still react to instinctively.
Sure, technology has become cheaper, software more plentiful and user-friendly, but the basics of Voice, Expression, Confidence, Content and Style remain unchanged.
I guess at heart, we are still gathered around the community campfire, listening to experts weave tales of magic using those elements. It's comforting to know, in this world of rapid and unpredictable change, that there are some things we still react to instinctively.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home